Our goal is to generate over 200 new/renewed members and 30 business sponsors statewide by March 31, 2015! Your financial support will move us forward as we delve deeper into our communities.
Who is the Birth Matters Community?
- Pregnant women and their partners
- The many and varied professionals who support and provide care for that woman
- The volunteers, members and supporters who help Birth Matters expand our reach
Moving forward, we strive to become the online source for birthing resources in Virginia, to further support the work of our Chapter Directors, and continue to celebrate and support the providers who practice evidence based maternity care.
Since our inception in 2005, Birth Matters has grown in size and feel. We are positioning our organization to maintain this growth and not only continue our efforts at the local level through our chapters, but also to address the disparities of race, socioeconomic status, education and access to medical care for birthing women throughout Virginia.
In conjunction with our Membership Drive, we have developed new Individual Membership and Business Sponsorship levels to give you the flexibility to support Birth Matters in a way that works best for you and/or your business.
What do your membership dollars help pay for locally and across the state?
- Chapter events like film screenings, baby fairs, educational presentations and topic focused discussions
- Safe spaces in your community to host Birth Circle and provide circle comforts like snacks and childcare
- Lending libraries, publications and community outreach
- At the state level we are creating a modern, accessible website filled with birth related resources across Virginia
- We host national guest speakers, gather statistical analysis and host conversations about birth related outcomes
- And we host our Award Celebration, where we bring the birthing community together to celebrate and honor childbirth professionals making a difference!
When completing your membership or sponsorship, please consider giving an additional donation to assist us in our growth. Whether you are just learning about our organization or are a long-time supporter, we need your financial help to reach our goals! Please become a member, and make a donation today.
Reminder: Volunteers are the driving force of our organization and Birth Matters is always looking for new people who bring passion and energy to our group. Please reach out to your Chapter Director to find out how your time, talents and experience can be utilized.